WorkSafe Approved HSR Refresher OHS Training Course
Under the Victorian OHS Act (section 67) all elected HSRs and deputy HSRs after completing an initial course of training, have an entitlement (for each year they hold office) to attend Refresher training and choose the course in consultation with their employer.
Who should attend?
HSR’s and deputy HSRs who have completed the HSR Initial OHS training course.
What will be covered?
This WorkSafe approved HSR Refresher course is an opportunity to revisit aspects of the HSR Initial OHS Training Course. Topics covered include:
- The value of HSR’s to workplace safety
- The importance of consultation
- Hazards and risk management – how to determine levels of risk and controls
- Issue resolution processes
- A reminder of the legal framework and the OHS Act 2004
- Clarifying what is reasonably practicable
- Review of Provisional Improvement Notices
- The role of Inspectors
Comprehensive participant notes and up to date supplementary information will be provided.
In the NewsView all
Jul 14, 2020 12:05:57 PM
From Agility to Resilience - the role of safety culture
Asking ‘why?’ about incidents several times and answering, ‘because … ’, inevitably leads to the answer, ‘culture’—the climate of practices, values, accountability and communications pervading in an organisation, summed up in the phrase, ‘the way we do things around here’.