Why did we develop this program?
People in workplaces in Australia require a 'safe' working environment. Organisations utilising contractors face challenges unique to the contractual arrangement in ensuring safety is in place and enforceable. Work Safety Hub can assist you in meeting your legal duty of care to ensure adequate OHS information, instruction and training to your independent contractors.
This program describes the process for effective OHS management for those engaging contractors for specific projects. It covers the process, skills, knowledge and framework required to effectively manage contractor safety from commencement and tendering stage right through to project completion and review.
Who should attend?
People who manage contractors or who are responsible for safety in organisations that utilise contractors such as:
- small business owners
- senior managers
- health and safety representatives
- project managers
- HR practitioners
- safety professionals
What will be covered?
- understanding the legislative framework
- knowing the responsibilities of employers & contractors
- recognising contractor exacerbated hazards and control methods
- structuring contractor selection, contracts and monitoring to maximise safety outcomes
Comprehensive participant notes and up to date supplementary information will be provided.