WorkSafe Approved HSR Refresher OHS Training Course - Plant
Under the Victorian OHS Act (section 67) all elected HSRs and deputy HSRs after completing an initial course of training, have an entitlement (for each year they hold office) to attend Refresher training and choose the course in consultation with their employer.
Looking for the Work-related violence course? Click here
Who should attend?
This WorkSafe-approved HSR refresher course is an opportunity to revisit aspects of the HSR Initial OHS Training course and refresh HSRs' knowledge of their role and powers, the legislative framework, risk management, issue resolution, provisional improvement notices, WorkSafe inspectors and much more.
What will be covered?
This interactive training course includes relevant case studies and activities and aims to provide HSRs with the confidence, skills and knowledge to represent their designated work group when raising health and safety concerns in the workplace as they relate to plant.
Topics covered include:
- The value of HSR’s to workplace safety
- The importance of consultation
- Hazards and risk management – how to determine levels of risk and controls
- Issue resolution processes
- A reminder of the legal framework and the OHS Act 2004
- Clarifying what is reasonably practicable
- Review of Provisional Improvement Notices
- The role of Inspectors
Comprehensive participant notes and up to date supplementary information will be provided.