WorkSafe Approved HSR Initial OHS Training Course
The HSR Initial OHS Training Course equips Health and Safety Representatives with the confidence, skills and knowledge to represent their Designated Work Group members (DWG), and to help make their workplace safer.
Duration - 5 days
Who should attend:
- Newly elected Health and safety representatives
- Line managers
- Safety officers
- Health and safety committee members
- SME business owner
- Human resource managers
Participants will learn how to:
- Interpret the occupational health and safety legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR
- Identify key parties and their legislative obligations and duties
- Establish representation in the workplace
- Participate in consultation and issue resolution
- Represent designated workgroup members in any OHS risk management process undertaken by the appropriate duty holder/s
- Issue a Provisional Infringement Notice (PIN) and direct the cessation of work.
Under Section 67 of the OHS Act, 2004, an employer must allow a Health and Safety Representative to attend an initial course of training in occupational health and safety after being elected and a course must be chosen by the health and safety representative in consultation with the employer.
Through active participation, study and reflection, participants are provided numerous opportunities to convert their new knowledge into skills.
Embracing the very latest learner focused instructional models to build knowledge and create a desire to learn for Health and Safety Representatives, including:
- Case studies
- Engaging, practical activities
Comprehensive participant notes and up to date supplementary information will be provided.
Looking for the WorkSafe 1 Day HSR Refresher Course? Click here