We have been busy growing lately with three fantastic new additions to our team in Victoria and Queensland.
Today we welcome Patricia (Trish) Mahony Senior WHS Consultant in Queensland.
Patricia is a highly experienced Health and Safety professional with more than 20 years experience in Construction, Oil & Gas, Government, Mining and Rail.
"I find it very rewarding to drive continuous improvement in complex environments, applying a research-based approach to organisational performance".
Patricia's key specialties include:
- safety in design (SiDR) reviews and workshop facilitation
- safety management systems development & implementation
- independent advisor and facilitator roles
- risk analysis and assessments
- independent reviews and audits
Patricia’s other areas of expertise include coaching managers and supervisors in leadership skills.
Patricia is currently responsible for the provision of client services in Queensland. Patricia works with clients and contractors to identify, evaluate, and solve a wide range of safety and health-related needs. Patricia has extensive senior management experience in construction, manufacturing and heavy industry.
Patricia has lead corporate-wide initiatives to improve safety performance for Thiess as Group Safety Manager, CNG, BP, Johnson Controls and Gilmac to mention a few clients over her career. Associated with these assignments has been the development and implementation of a number of culturally aligned safety management systems. These programs have saved businesses significant costs by preventing fatalities, injuries and disease, as well as employing effective injury management practices, the systems encourage organisational resilience and improved performance.
Areas of Specialisation
- Workplace safety and organisational culture transformation
- Contractor safety issues
- Design and implementation of corporate safety strategic initiatives
- Leading a corporate-wide network to leverage best practices for safety performance
- Driving culture change and improving performance within numerous businesses
- Facilitated SiDR Workshops for Brisbane Airport Construction
Patricia has an impressive breadth and depth of experience in organisational safety standards and practices.
Patricia is a recognised authority on workplace safety. Patricia regularly leads workshops on topics such as managing contractor safety and how organisations that commit to achieving a world-class safety culture can improve their business’ bottom line outcomes.
- Bachelor of Construction Management - QUT University
- Bachelor of Applied Science - Occupational Health and Safety - QUT University
- Certified Generalist OHS Professional (COHSProf) - SIA
- Numerous Industrial Safety Related